GOLD (Greater Outdoor of Learning and Discovery) Day at our school is like a "Career Day" on steroids. The kids spend the whole day learning about different jobs in the community and hobbies people have. A LOT goes into GOLD Day. There is the scheduling of classes, the volunteers who present, & the community and parents that participate. There is such a variety of presenters, that I can't even name them all. There were unicyclists, FBI agents (my favorite), TV producers, Firefighters, Motorcyclists, Pilates instructors, Golf instructors, a DJ, Cooking with a viking, Civil War re-enactors, an oragomi artist, and so on and so on. There are literally about 50 different presenters. All the kids bring a sack lunch because they're 'touring' all day long. Each class got to visit 7 stations. Frito Lay provided snacks for all of the kids...Yum! The city of Allen (where we live) gave every child a tote bag (the kind you use instead of plastic shopping bags) to carry all of their hand outs.
What a FUN day!!!!!!!!!!







Levi was the "sound guy" 



2 comments:
I know Levi had the best dance partner out there...you showed 'em up, didn't ya?
Yeah, I had to tone down my "hoochieness" for the kindergarteners, so I wasn't quite up to par. LOL
Post a Comment