Friday at school, the kids had a 50's sock hop at school during their gym period. It was really great to see the kids dancing and all dressed up. KateLynn was very disappointed that I didn't get her a poodle skirt, but I told her the outfit I put together for her was still "50's." Levi was upset at the way I did his hair, but I basically told him to deal with it because it was PERFECT for the "greaser" look. Levi made me think of Papa!
They had prizes for the best costumes and best dancers for each grade. Levi won "Best Costume" for the kindergarteners!!! It was definitely the hair that he complained so much about. Unfortunately KateLynn did not win and she said, "See, mom, I told you I needed a poodle skirt!" She still had a lot of fun anyway...Levi's hair (tons of gel & hairspray):





The gym teacher, Coach Sweet:



The Hand Jive:





The Winner:



The "Bad" Boys:

Breakin' It Down:





2 comments:
I saw Grease the other day, and thought "oh yeah, thats what we are being for Halloween this year. The T-birds and the Pink Ladies." Now seing this post I really do want to do it.
KateLynn, you looked really cute. You looked more 50s than most of your friends there. They didn't dress up at all.
Levi, you are a mini Papa
Thank you Lizzy and tell Isabell I said hi Love KateLynn
Post a Comment